Hello Tim,

First, thanks for your reply.

It makes me wonder why a -mx9000m will still run out of memory. I'm using
version 12.0 now, (and just by chance I was using stacked view also) but
BamView didn't warn me I was running out. I only knew it was running out
when the windows was lagging very heavily and the BAM window keeps saying
"waiting" and I checked with "top" to find that java process for artemis is
using about 10G of memory.

Could there be any other reason for the artemis to lag?

Oh? By "specifying the base number and the values" do you mean instead of
making a file that has values in each line for each base, we make a file
that has the base number in one column and the plot value in another column?
In this case, what about multiple plots in one file? can we get this from
the manual? sorry for asking before I check.

-- yealing --