Ciertas otras cuestiones del artista científico (o de existencia):

Richard Feynman[1] about Mathematics.

(I) once asked Richard Feynman whether he thought of mathematics and, by
extension, the laws of physics as having an independent existence. He
replied: The problem of existence is a very interesting and difficult
one. if you do mathematics, which is simply working out the consequences
of assumptions, you'll discover for instance a curious thing if you add
the cubes of integers. One cubed is one, two cubed is two times two
times two, that's eight, and three cubed is three times three times
three, that's twenty-seven. If you add the cubes of these, one plus
eight plus twenty-seven- let's stop there - that would be thirty-six.
And that's the square of of another number, six, and that number is the
sum of those same integers. one plus two plus three...Now, that fact
which I've just told you about might not have been known to you before.
You might say Where is it, what is it, where is it located, what kind of
reality does it have?' And yet you came upon it. When you discover these
things, you get the feeling that they were true before you found them.
So you get the idea that somehow they existed somewhere, but there's
nowhere for such things. It's just a feeling...Well, in the case of
physics we have double trouble. We come upon these mathematical
interrelationships but they apply to the universe, so the problem of
where they are is doubly confusing...Those are philosophical questions
that I don't know how to answer.

-Richard Feynman, cited by Paul Davis in 'The Mind of God'

[1] http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman