Hi,

I need a clarification on how the following (marked in bold) will be encoded in PER.

As far as my understaning of ITU-T document X.691 (section 13.3),

value EnumType ::= 12 (value is not in the Extension root). Below, the corresponding ASN.1 spec is marked in bold.

will be encoded as,

1 Extension bit
0 000110 (Encoding 12-6 as Normally small non-negative number).
6 is the maximum index of the enum values in the root.

The hex equivalent is 0x86.

Please let me know is it right? Do we need complement the value when it is not within the extension root?
Kindly suggest.

Below is the ASN.1 spec.
EnumType ::= ENUMERATED {
    a,
    b,
    c,
    d,
    e,
    f,
}

Thank You.

Regards,
Murali.
Sep 12th.
--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synergy infotech (P) Ltd.

Home page : www.geocities.com/nidugala

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Synergy Infotech Private Limited and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message,
the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the
intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the information
to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or
dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. We have taken
precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus
checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]