David Morton wrote:

> If there is a problem with apache::asp, it is the name.  Everyone assumes
> ASP=Microsoft.   More perl programmers would flock to this, if they
> could just get past the name. :)

I have thought about a name change as it evolves, but Apache::ASP's
naming weakness is also its strength.  Because it is already a well
known platform, it allows those that would not know better a first
glimpse at open source & perl when they may have never had the opportunity
otherwise.  Granted for us die hard perl geeks, it may be a deterrent,
but I do try to get the message out.  So do your part & spread the word!
Write some articles about it for perl.com, present at perl/OSS conferences,
talk it up at your local PM chapter. :)

> That said, I'll probably be posting some questions soon, trying to learn the
> "style" needed for good ASP and mod_perl programming.  Any good reading before
> I start to ask questions?  :)

The long awaited Style Guide is finally here:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/style.html

I just wrote it.  I have been meaning to for quite a while, but
you gave me just the kick I needed, thanks!

I also have some other bits at http://www.apache-asp.org , in particular
some conference presentations at
http://www.apache-asp.org/resources.html#Presentation92f96031
may be of help.