Dear Mahanta da

Here is my response to the points you raised.

1) The total absence of a feeling of bonhomie and
camaraderie among different people  will completely
vitiate the atmosphere and mutual distrust and
acrimony will reach its zenith in sovereign Assam. You
can't put the blame solely on GoI for that.

2) Let me accept for arguments sake that I am being
obsequious to some system or culture. But you have
already surrendered yourself to a pernicious belief
whose impact will be disastrous for the people for
whom you are acting as spokesman. Worse, you have also
surrendered yourself to sophistry and casuistry in
order to defend your specious arguments. My servitude
is not harmful for others, but yours can spell havoc
in peoples' lives. Of course you will not be affected.
You will probably be busy dishing out justification
from your armchair for any mishap which is bound to
happen.

3) I never ruled out exception while listing out
strengths and weaknesses of Assamese . Those things
pertain to majority of the people I am sure you are
intelligent enough to understand that. You are raising
the issue to just for the heck of it  or may be to
make it look like an elaborate refutation. But looks
can be deceptive at times.

4) Why you two brothers? Because you two are most
visible and vociferous supporters of sovereign Assam
on assamnet.

5) Cultural mistrust is one of the many important
reasons why Assam should not think of becoming a
sovereign country. I think I have explained the
reasons several times before.

Let me stick my neck out and place it on record again.
I am the last person to accept that whatever is being
done towards Assam by GoI as fair. But I also strongly
feel that sovereign Assam will further aggravate the
problems and situation will be messier and stickier
with our peoples' blood. I don't want the
corroboration of that dangerous dream of sovereign
Assam at the cost of terrible bloodshed. Hence my
choice is a conscious one and you may call it as a
selection of the lesser evil out of the two options
available.

Mayur

=== message truncated ===