> Not at all.

Ok...

> This is a small business that manufactures batteries and deals with
> many international companies. Often those companies are on the end of
> dodgy IP blocks in China, Russia or South America.
>
> The emails are time sensitive because suppliers change stock levels
> and prices rapidly and customers will go elsewhere if they don't hear
> back very promptly.
>
> I deal with a few companies that deal in this manner (nut importers,
> engineering companies that deal with nuclear facilities and mining
> operations etc) and I completely understand why they would want this.

Yes, *now* I understand it too, but then, the blockreport isn't your
option :)

> They were previously with Postini which they found to be rubbish, but
> they could log into a control panel and see/resend any blocked emails
> whenever they wanted.
>
> This leads me to another feature suggestion. If someone requests a
> blocked mail to be resent, it would be great if that request was
> recorded and that email no longer shows up in block reports.

No need for that; configure ASSP to only "tag" emails instead of
straight blocking them (ok, you may setup exceptions so that surefire
junk will be rejected); then setup the "custom header" option in ASSP
to something your backend mailserver will recognize (configure it to do
so) and use the mailserver rules to move such tagged messages to the
"junkmail" folder, this way your users will be able to "recover" those
messages and will avoid delays and "false positives"

Now, since we're at it, let me say one thing; a whole lot of companies
from Russia, China and other "not exactly spamclean" countries had the
very same problem and the "serious" ones solved it by using
mailservices offered by some $BIGNAME which offered good reputation
(along with strict no-spam policies), so, while I understand your point
and (I hope) offered you a way to deal with it, there's nothing ASSP
can do with that, curing the *effects* won't help at all, the only real
way to deal with such stuff is curing the *causes* and, email blocking
is a GOOD way to make people aware about the fact that they (or their
ISP/ESP/Country has *PROBLEMS*)