> Doug Traylor wrote:
>> egroupware is just a client, has no SMTP service and therefore does not
>> do
>> any type of "delivery".
>
> By the way... how do you like eGroupware? I had never heard of it.
> Specifically, how is the mail client? The screenshots don't have
> anything for the mail client, and the demo install gives errors when
> trying to access the mail client.

Never used it myself.  Got my info from the web.

It used to use something called Anglemail (in the obsolete section)
http://www.egroupware.org/index.php?page_name=applications&wikipage=ManualEmail

They now use something called FelaMiMail now (based on squirrelmail):
http://www.egroupware.org/index.php?page_name=applications&wikipage=ManualFelamimail

Comments on FelaMiMail:

"FeLaMiMail is a Web-based IMAP email client which is fully integrated into
EGroupware, a Web-based groupware solution. Because it is integrated into
EGroupware it is easy to install, is able to use the EGroupware addressbook
and calendar, and can have different looks."
http://freshmeat.net/projects/felamimail/
http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/28625/30183/

"Felamimail is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP4. It is the
result of a fork off the popular webmail application Squirrelmail and has
been fully integrated into the phpGroupWare framework,"
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/phpgroupware-felamimail

Comments Francois?

Doug