Paul Cheng wrote:
Our experience with the Budget Tones 101have been poor as well. The devices seem to die after a day or two (even with the new firmware) and then need to be rebooted. On occasion, the device needs to be literally unplugged and plugged back in as even the reset doesn't work.

Mine is a small sample set (~10) but a couple of them are the primary phones I've been using--I'm a pretty heavy user--and over several weeks we seem to be doing fine with them. The CW tone is extremely annoying, and one has to be a bit deliberate in hitting the keypad, but I haven't had to do any rebooting or fiddling.

I'm ramping up my use of them, TCP-slow-start-like. My results have been pretty satisfactory considering the low cost.

B.