> While that change is fine, you could also just write the
 same functionality with get digit and deal with it inside
 the AGI app.

I guess the digit handling part is doable with WAIT FOR DIGIT.. I was going to ask about interupting the prompt that played before that but on RTFM-ing I see that STREAM FILE returns the interrupting digit if interruptions are allowed.

Sooo... Knock myself up a subroutine in Perl to handle flexible digit
termination as I want.. or have a look at patching the GET DATA function in
AGI, potentially making easier for others whilst not breaking anything that
currently exists.

Would bug tracker be the way to go for further discussion? Or I could go
with the second option, stick it in there, and see if it makes it to CVS?

Cheers
Paul

I would suggest that if you pursue the second path (patching GET DATA) that you start a new feature request in the bugtracker, since the original item (#181) was about a request to program this into a new application for the dialplan, not AGI.

Just because something can be done one way with Asterisk doesn't meant that a shorter/better/different way of doing it won't be well received if it is significantly easier and makes the life of the scripter/dialplanner less complex.

JT