--On Wednesday, December 24, 2003 10:06 pm +0100 rnc Info Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Still, there seems to be a "you get what you pay for" theme to many of
today's posts and this clearly applies to support on FWD.  Naybe we
should remove the signature from * that enables FWD to identify *
systems :-)

That certainly seems the case for today's theme... It is certainly the
right of any company or person to define the rules of their service.
Since I don't pay for either Asterisk or FWD then I appreciate the service
that is provided and try not to crusify them when things don't go right.
This entire VoIP is still rather experimental.  If I want guaranteed
service then I'll pay some provider for it... THEN.. and only then will a
service level be expected.

That's fair comment but I think FWD should have put a correct message on their system for asterisk users. It wouldn't have taken much effort.

FWD and * complement each other and should benefit from each other's success. Indeed * is cited on the FWD web site and mentioned by Jeff Pulver at his VON events. It seems a little unfortunate that FWD is assuming all * systems are a front for hundreds of users and banning them.

Iain