[...]
> You shouldn't face any problems with endianness.  In fact,
> the core code should probably work right out of the box.

Not as of 3 months ago, the last time I tried.  Test platform was Debian
running on a Netra T1 120.

I did little to try to go further, as I wasn't sure how I was going to
get a timing source even if * did compile.

> And I think it's excellent that you're thinking about doing
> this in the lab, first, and not buying your production
> machines without testing, first.  There've been a few users
> who jump a little too fast, then get disappointed when their
> first machines didn't always perform to their expectations.

I second that.

And I'd love to get * working on a Sparc.  As a matter of fact, I've for
a SunFire V120 doing absolutely nothing.  (along with a few T1's and
soon to be an E220r.......I'm phasing sun out of my NOCs due to insane
new hardware costs, wonkiness and expense of Solaris-based management
platforms (can you say dependency hell to the 1000th degree?) and how
ridiculously easy VMWare makes managing multiple low-usage
installations).

Maybe I'll give it a shot.  But I'm not a developer by any means.  Maybe
if one or more of the * devs and/or hackers want to help on this, I'll
consider providing test boxes hosted at on of my NOCs.  Chime in if
you're interested ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel: +1 215 825 8401 x235