Vikas <topg...@gmail.com> writes:

> The ISP said that they ran a fiber optic wire to a media box at our
> office and from there there is a RJ45 to the switch. They bring no new
> equipment to our premises each time we provison a new port. Hence this
> upload speed limitation is not due to the copper wire.

So the ISP is being deliberately difficult. I am assuming that their
motivation is that they want to sell E1's instead of the 512kbps
lines.

You can fight your ISP by installing various multiplexing equipment,
but it's an arms race, and they will probably win it -- losing you as
a customer obviously doesn't worry them, while you're apparently
willing to go to great lengths to stay with them.

I would recomment just switching to E1 (preferably with a different
provider). It's that or moving HQ to somewhere sane.

/Benny