Danny Nicholas wrote:

Greetings listers,

I am running Asterisk 1.4.21.2 on Suse 11.0 on a Dual Processor Dell Poweredge 1650. I recently attempted to update the BIOS and now have this happen:

When the machine starts up, Asterisk runs fine. When I do a large wget or scp, the local SIP to SIP quality goes to heck in a handbasket. The only resolution I've found so far is to completely restart the machine. Obviously this is unacceptable. Has anyone else had this type of thing occur?

Thanks in advance

Danny Nicholas

Are you using an on-board nic? If so, then it's possible the bios upgrade changed an operating parameter for the NIC.