________________________________

        From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of
unsero...@aol.com
        Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:57 PM
        To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
        Subject: [asterisk-users] Clustering concept

        Hi all,

        I am wondering if the Clustering concept described in Leif
Madsens presentation

http://comunidad.asterisk-es.org/documentos/astricon2008/why-cluster-an-
introduction-to-asterisk-clustering-and-database-integration-astricon-20
08.pdf

        is still up to date or if there are newer or improved features
available with 1.6 (or 1.8) to build an easy scalable and highly
available Asterisk infrastructure?

        Maybe someone knows of configuration examples or howtos for
building a HA cluster with the most actual features?

Probably the biggest difference I can think of is that all of the
features in the "future" section at the end are now in released versions
of Asterisk.  The other thing that is in 1.8 betas that may be of
interest is distributed device states and MWI over XMPP PubSub.  There
are some interesting use-cases there that can provide some nifty unified
communications integrations that just doing distributed device states
over OpenAIS can't.

Regards,
- Brad