I had an issue today where receive_fax caused an asterisk switch to crash.
The switch is 1.8.2.3 version. The call was coming from a fax machine. The
call started receive_fax answered and then asterisk stopped responding. I
was able to log into asterisk but it would not do a core restart now nor
would it take any calls or show an peer registrations.
I had to kill the asterisk process and restart it.  As best we can tell
there was no attempt by the sender to intentionally send any malformed
packets that should have caused this. I see there is a security patch
1.8.2.4 that lists some RTP security issues. is it possible that this fix
may address what I ran into as well?

Thanks

zktech