Hi,

We use Opensips and like the results. The forks are similar, docs from one can help in the other. The opensips mailing list is monitored by one of the main developers. He is even in the IRC chat in the mornings.

The docs are kept current on the opensips webpage. They like to change modules a bit, so really watch your versions. The commercial PDF "Building Telephony Systems with OpenSIPS 1.6" is excellent.(duck)

Yum is nice for the dependencies, but I would use a compile for Opensips. Most of the docs are Debian specific. I love Debian, but our clients love Centos. I have some Centos Opensips compile docs if needed.

There are a few GUI's, but I prefer Opensips-cp. To put opensips-cp on a remote server, you need the xmlrpc module loaded on opensips. This works in Debian but fails on Centos (64 bit ONLY).

Good luck,

Adrian