Is there a dahdi_cfg in your boot sequence? When I modify dahdi config files I always launch dahdi_cfg otherwise I get errors like yours.

Giorgio

On 06/14/2011 05:37 PM, Olivier wrote:
After a reboot, I can't reproduce the problem anymore which is quite frustating.

2011/6/14 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.co...@xorcom.com <mailto:tzafrir.co...@xorcom.com>>

    On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 03:44:32PM +0200, Olivier wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using a two-years old installation script for the first time
    on a
    > Squeeze (linux 2.6.32) platform.
    > For an unknown reason (might be an obvious one), Dahdi can't be
    loaded
    > anymore.
    >
    > 1. First of all, it seems /dev/dahdi content was previously (ie
    in Lenny)
    > owned by asterisk:asterisk (asterisk is run as asterisk).
    > Now it is owned by root.
    > Any clue about this ?

    asterisk:asterisk ? How did you set the ownership?

 with  a simple chown -R asterisk:asterisk /dev/dahdi/*

    Through a file in /etc/udev/rules/ ?

    > 2. Secondly, I changed /dev/dahdi content ownership by hand.

    If the device files are not static (which they normally aren't) the
    device files will get re-generated next time the driver loads.

Yes, it's true.

    > Then when I'm
    > trying to load chan_dahdi, I can read :
    >
    > > module load chan_dahdi
    > Unable to load module chan_dahdi
    > Command 'module load chan_dahdi' failed.
    > [Jun 14 15:41:53] WARNING[8150]: chan_dahdi.c:1469 dahdi_open:
    Unable to
    > specify channel 1: No such device or address
    > [Jun 14 15:41:53] ERROR[8150]: chan_dahdi.c:8816 mkintf: Unable
    to open
    > channel 1: No such device or address
    > here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
    > [Jun 14 15:41:53] ERROR[8150]: chan_dahdi.c:14229
    build_channels: Unable to
    > register channel '1-2'
    >
    > Suggestions ?

    What is the output of lsdahdi?

    http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_procfs_interface_proc_dahdi

    --
                  Tzafrir Cohen
    icq#16849755 jabber:tzafrir.co...@xorcom.com

Thanks for helping (for both Andrew and Tzafrir).