Hi there,

I've developed an agi script a while ago to use google speech recognition and by then I've used http://legroom.net/files/software/convtoflac.sh to convert files from wav to flac.
You can the use the command:

*/usr/local/bin/convtoflac.sh -o /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/myfile.wav*
It will then create create a flac file in the same directory as the source file.

I hope it helps.
regards
Lobito

On 1/4/2012 5:51 AM, Bruce B wrote:
And with recent version 14.3.2 I get:

/usr/local/bin/sox FAIL formats: no handler for file extension `flac'
 -- speech-recog.agi: /usr/local/bin/sox failed: 512
-- <SIP/5555-0000002e>AGI Script speech-recog.agi completed, returning 0

Regards,