On 08-02-12 14:37, Jason W. Parks wrote:
 From everything I've researched to date, my understanding is most
locations have chosen to double their port density and continue to
service the phone and computer on separate ports than to share a single
line for both computer and phone. Reason primarily mentioned being
troubleshooting concerns. If this is the case, the second port is not
required, and become nothing but another gimmick to sell to you.

Is this everyone else's experience as well?

No the opposite. I have never heard of troubleshooting problems when using the switch on the phone. Maybe cheap crappy phones give you problems but I have never seen it with Polycom, Aastra, Snom or Cisco. Also you would need to have a second LAN port at each desk. I have come across only 2 places where that was the case and that's only because they had downsized freeing up LAN ports formerly belonging to the other desks in the room.

Regards,
Patrick