On 02/22/2012 07:01 AM, virendra bhati wrote:
Hi Kevin,

I appreciate, that you replyed first and even fast. But you asked for
nature of call too. So my question was added with your question .

Voice call *How many port of UDP or RTP ?*
Video call *How many port of UDP or RTP ?*
Fax call *How many port of UDP or RTP ?*
T.140 text call*   How many port of UDP or RTP ?*

As per the reply Voice call is come to 4 ports but rest is not clear.

Voice call *4*
Video call *??*
Fax call *??*
T.140 text call*   ??*

*Will these port of UDP, RPT or Both ?*

It is clear that you are lacking some basic understanding of how SIP and RTP operate; I would suggest that you take Phil Frost's advice and use Wireshark to watch what actually happens when you place calls on your system.

Just some points: UDP and RTP are not exclusive; RTP operates over UDP. Voice calls do not require 4 UDP ports (in most cases). FAX calls rarely use RTP.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming