Not sure why you'd say it's OT -- seems perfectly topical to me. Anyway, I have used the SNOM OpenVPN feature for remote clients. I'll be honest: it's a bit of a pain to set up and get working. This is triply true if the remote phone is moving around -- to the point that I'd strongly advise against it. But if it's staying in one place (e.g., a telecommuter's desk) once it's at the remote site, it should do the job, and reasonably well.

It certainly can use DHCP, though I rather doubt it needs it -- not quite sure what you're angling for by way of your question. WiFi was a PITA; I'd advise against. (Esp. since -- at least, at the time -- you needed to download beta firmware to get both WiFi and OpenVPN working at the same time.)

Note that I haven't touched this in about two years' time, so things may have changed a bit in the interim.

-Ken

On 2013-01-21 08:21, Olivier wrote:
Hello,

I've seen some desktop SIP phones (Snom, Yealink) intregrate a VPN
(OpenVPN ?) client.

Has someone experience to share about that particular feature ?
Is this experience rather successful ?

 My underlying question is can one supervise and configure these
desktop phones, in teleworking environment ?
Is DHCP required ?

Regards

This mail was scanned by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/links/en/frams.html