Hey, all. Just added an analog card to our dual-T1 system... and clearly I'm doing something wrong. Less interested in having the specifics pointed out than in finding out how/why certain things work. So, really, three things:

* What the bloody Hell is the difference between dahdi-channels.conf and chan_dahdi.conf? (And who thought it was a good idea to have two files with, apparently, different functionality, but very similar names?)

* If I'm getting power to my analog phones, but no dial tone, which file should I be editing?

* Likewise (and almost certainly related) if dahdi_cfg shows the channels, but "dahdi show channels" only shows my T1 spans, which file should I be editing?

Could someone point me to some sample analog configs? Most of my searches have wound me up with GUI folks, and I'm just doing good ol-fashioned hand editing on an Ubuntu system.

Thanks!

-Ken

--
This mail was scanned by BitDefender