Google the number and you can probably find other complaints and
possibly who it is.  Not that it will matter, there's nothing you can
do but block it.

My approach to call filtering is:

Deny All
Allow Some

I have a whitelist of callers I always want to accept that may include
businesses outside my local area code.  If my dialplan doesn't
recognize the incoming number I send them to a voicemail mail where
they have to press "5" to leave a message.  That knocks out the robo
dialers.  Then I google the number and if it's a spammer, I add them
to a blacklist where the call is dropped immediately.  Really no point
in playing funny or cute messages to them or even telling them they
are blacklisted because it's usually an auto-dialer and a real person
doesn't hear it anyway.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a subroutine to block spammer by CALLERID(number)
>
> exten => 4,1,GotoIf(${BLACKLIST()}?blacklisted,s,1)
> exten => 4,n,Set(goaway=${CALLERID(number):0:2})
> exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${goaway}" = "V4" ]?blacklisted,s,1)
> exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${goaway}" = "V3" ]?blacklisted,s,1)
>
> but I just got another spammer (automated calls) who rotates his callerID
> number that starts with valid area code so blocking by prefix is not
> practical but it seems to me he uses the same (or few same) caller name
> like:
>
> "Brit. Columbia "" <16047726633>"
> "KHAN SHARON "" <16042984429>"
> "Brit. Columbia "" <16042231781>"
>
> So I was thinking the same subroutine can be used to block by
> CALLERID(name), isn't it:
>
> exten => 4,n,Set(goaway2=${CALLERID(name):0:11})
> exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${goaway2}" = "Brit. Colum" ]?blacklisted,s,1)
> exten => 4,n,GotoIf($["${goaway2}" = "KHAN SHARON" ]?blacklisted,s,1)
>
> The spammer is soliciting lowering credit card interest charges etc. anybody
> know who it is :-/
>
> --
> Joseph
>
> --