On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 11:28, Frederic Olivie wrote:

>         I own a Siemens 3070 DECT system. It's a simple DECT base
>         which allows the connection of a few DECT phones. It's a very
>         basic PBX. It's connected to the public network using an ISDN
>         bri (2B + D) plug. According to the doc, it can also be
>         connected to a PBX.
>
>         Is there a way to connect this to Asterisk ? [..] Is there an
>         ISDN hardware card that would handle such a connection ?

In order to connect an user device, you need an ISDN adapter that
supports NT mode. From http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/i4lfaq-29.html :

"When multiple devices are connected to the ISDN connection, then all
user device behave as slaves, where the network terminator (NT) behaves
as master and synchronizes the communication on the S0 bus. The special
behavior of the network terminator is called NT mode. User devices are
normally not capable of running in NT mode. As a result, user devices
can not communicate with each other even when they are connected via a
crossed cable. Only some special ISDN cards (HFC chipset) are capable of
running in NT mode, and can directly communicate with other ISDN user
devices via a crossed cable."

The QuadBRI from Junghanns does it and I'm about to get one, both to
connect to the public ISDN and to connect ISDN DECT base stations :

http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page17.html

The Eicon Diva server cards do it too and they seem to be an industry
reference, but they are twice as expensive as the Junghanns QuadBRI for
about the same functions. As soon as I get my QuadBRI, I'll report my
experience with it.