On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 5:52 PM Dan Cropp <d...@amtelco.com> wrote:

> We have a customer who wants to perform both directions.
>

> For inbound calls, they have indicated their switch will provide
> Geolocation/E911 information using two different ways.  Sounds like it
> depends on the equipment before the SIP proxy.
>
> It will either be in SIP headers (which we retrieve through PJSIP_HEADER
> in the dial plan).  Trivial for us to do this approach.
>
> Second approacy is their SIP proxy will append information to the body
> with mime delimiters (indicating content type of pidf+xml).
>

> They want us to retrieve this information (via Asterisk) and store it into
> their database.  When a 911 agent answers the call, they retrieve the data
> from the database and use it as needed for assisting the first responders.
>

> If Asterisk can’t do this and isn’t planned to be able to support this,
> we’re looking to make Kamailio able to process the INVITE in front of
> Asterisk.  Idea being Kamailio could communicate the information our
> customer requires and we store it in the database.  When Agent answers the
> call, use the Call-ID provided by Asterisk to match it with the Kamailio
> INVITE data’s Call-ID.
>

> We are still trying to gather details on how the customer wants the
> outbound calls to work.

Both directions will be supported according to the specification and
standard. The information will be accessible from the dialplan using a
dialplan function, but not the pidf+xml itself. If they're doing something
outside of the standard, then it likely wouldn't work. The code is not
written for 911 PSAPs/handlers specifically, it's written for receiving the
information from an endpoint, and for sending it out.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead