Hello,

We have a problem where Asterisk is resetting the CSeq on a re-INVITE, and
the phone receiving the re-INVITE is rejecting it, probably as a result of
that. Would anyone be able to offer any insight please?

The scenario is:

Phone A makes call 1 to Asterisk which dials call 2 to phone B, which
answers the call.

Phone B puts call 1 on hold, makes call 3 to Asterisk which dials call 4 to
phone C, which answers the call.

Phone B does an attended REFER transfer of call 2 to call 3, taking itself
out of the call. Asterisk bridges the remaining calls, so phones A and C
are now talking to each other.

Asterisk sends a re-INVITE to phone A with a P-Asserted-Identity, to tell
phone A the updated details of phone C that it's talking to. However phone
A rejects the re-INVITE with a "404 Not found" error.

The only explanation I can see for the "404 Not found" error is that call 1
was set up with "CSeq: 954698786 INVITE", whereas the re-INVITE Asterisk
sends with the P-Asserted-Identity has "CSeq: 102 INVITE". Why is Asterisk
resetting the CSeq on the re-INVITE, and doesn't this appear to be
incorrect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited