Hi David,

I chanced upon your question while I was looking for the same thing
myself. I don't know whether this is still relevant to you, given that
it's over 2 years ago since you asked the question.

There's an option in the global section of pjsip.conf that defaults to
"no", but if you set it to yes, the user part of the Contact header
will be taken from the value of CALLERID(num):

I found this looking at the source code in res_pjsip.c - there's a load
of XML documentation at the top.

[global]
use_callerid_contact=yes

Cheers,