Greetings,

As some of you noticed (and likely some didn't) the mailing lists were down
for a period of time at the start of this year, and over the past week. We
believe we've stabilized things to allow them to continue to run and will
continue to monitor.

Sometime this year I will explore moving the mailing lists to a different
solution for those who still prefer mailing lists, which should also
improve deliverability. When this begins and occurs I will start
discussions on the existing mailing lists.

For user facing questions I do urge people to use the community forums[1]
which have effectively taken over for discussions. They are much more
active with both questions and answers, and are easier to search and find
information on. You can set it up to behave as a mailing list if you want
including replying using email.

Cheers,

[1] https://community.asterisk.org/

--