On Tue, 2023-02-28 at 09:50 -0400, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> Is the local hostname configured in /etc/hosts and not reliant on an
> outside DNS server? Are you using ICE or STUN at all?

Hi,

thanks for responding.

No ICE or STUN.

Some of the servers have entries for themselves in /etc/hosts and some
rely on external DNS. That is not by design, it's just how it happened
and I shall sort that out.

I can't figure out how whether the delays were on only the ones without
/etc/hosts entries, but I can be sure that some without those entries
definitely did experience those delays.

Does 5 seconds match some sort of DNS timeout within Asterisk that
could have been the cause?

Cheers,
Kingsley.