Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

On Friday 18 June 2004 11:10, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:

better send the EUR 10k (not $10k... :) ) to the author of spandDSP.
Nobody needs HylaFAX for receiving faxes. Converting a tiff to pdf and
storing it somewhere is not rocket science. ;)

Incorrect. I've been unable to get spandsp operating consistently with Slackware 9.1 and libtiff 3.6.0. Some faxes receive great, some are completely corrupted and the biggest problem is that some (most) fax reception segfaults asterisk. :-(

The segfaults I have followed up on have all been due to libtiff versions. Are you sure there isn't some other version of libtiff lurking on your machine? If there isn't I would like to follow up with you and find why this happens. Many people are getting reliable performance.

Regards,
Steve