Sorry about this, I have been struggling with the basics of my asterisk config.

I set up two sip peers and two phones. And I set up lots of dial masks for outgoing calls, all my outgoing calls were working great, however incoming calls were a different matter altogether, I cannot get incoming calls to work. So I have gone back to a very basic FWD config, with one phone which as far as I am aware should work, but doesn’t. I cannot find info on how to fix this.

Below is my sip.conf

[general]

port = 5060

bindaddr = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

context = sip

register => 2xxxx:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/1001

[fwd]

type=friend

secret=xxxxxx

username=xxxxxx

host=fwd.pulver.com

;

;

[1001]

type=friend

username=xxxxxx

host=dynamic

secret=xxxxxxx

callerid=Home <1001>

dtmfmode=RFC2833

mailbox=1001

context=sip

and here is my extensions.conf:

[general]

static=yes

writeprotect=no

;

[globals]

HOME=SIP/1001

;

[sip]

exten => 1001,2,Dial(SIP/1001,20,t)

include => fwdnet

;

[fwdnet]

exten => _8.,1,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN:[EMAIL PROTECTED],t

Now as I said I can call out no probs by dialing 8 then the FWD number, but incoming calls don’t work, and as far as I can see that should ring ext 1001 for 20 secs.

Could someone please help a complete Linux/Asterisk Newb, as apart from this I have learnt a hell of a lot. But it’s the last thing I need to solve.

The linux box for this testing has a unfirewalled public IP address, so there is no problems with NAT

Please please can someone help. If I have missed something important then I aplogise, as I have been scouring the wiki and the archives to no avail

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

This email is only for the intended recipient. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender and delete the message immediately
.

from viruses
. You should, however, carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment
. We accept no liability for loss or damage caused by
software viruses
.