I have not seen this myself, but I assume it's doen with the sendurl and sendtext dialplan commands. The PC would need a SIP client installed that could accept text/url data, then the diaplan (or AGI script, most likely) could perform the necessary lookup, send the data to the correct PC client, and ring the handset (if it's a separate phone).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Krall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:39 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk URL and Callcenter Apps

Guys.

How do those callcenter apps work with Asterisk where a call comes in and *
send a URL and some screen popup up based on callerid or something or
username or id and shows all the customers info?

Anybody done that? What do you need to do that?
If you are using ATAs or IP Phones, how do those integrate with the PC so
the screen would popup?