To: <asterisk@uc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:16 PM
Subject: [on-asterisk] Using Cable as a failover from DSL

We all are aware that the uptime of a single DSL or Cable connection to an
ITSP is less than that of analog lines or a T1 so I'm putting out the idea
of using DSL and Cable where the chances of both failing at the same time
are very low. In normal operation the DSL would handle Voice (Asterisk)
while
the cable would handle any data traffic.

So here's the plan (remember I'm not a network guy)
A cron job on the Asterisk server continually pings an external server
should the Ping take more than a two seconds then * IP address is change to
share the Data network until service is resumed.

Is this a plan or am I just whistling "Dixie"

TTFN
Henry

--
Henry L. Coleman.