To: "John Lange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <asterisk@uc.org>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [on-asterisk] Scary Call from Bell Muscle Men...

John:

" Just a small bit of clarification; the industry has not been
deregulated. Far from it.  "

Can you please clarify?  Are you 100% sure the industry has not be
de-regulated?  There was a time when one could not be an ITSP or small
companies could not provide phone services with their own equipment. No one
could provide phone services other than the ILEC or the CLEC.

Speaking with the guys at Industry Canada / CRTC -- anyone can apply for
licenses these days and when you pay the right fee with the correct paper
work submission, obtaining a license is relatively straight forward.
Becoming a CLEC is a different story.   If the industry was not
de-regulated...  then as per your claim, we are doing illegal business.

Are you talking about "De-regulation" as in regulating "prices". If that's
the case I completely agree with you.      When I am using the term
"De-regulation", I mean anyone can be a telephone company or an ITSP these
days regardless of them being an ILEC and CLEC.

Please provide your thoughts and feedback on this when you have a chance.

Best,
Reza.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Lange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>