I think Reza was referring to the fact that the price per megabit of internet
access in Canada is among the worst in the developed world.

The reasons for this are mostly what James described earlier.

The Berkman Center at Harvard has done extensive research on this.
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/

Bill