I've looked through the source code and the mail archives trying to see
if any work has started yet on support for the Atheros AR2315 and AR2317
SoC chips but I haven't seen anything yet except a reference to an
rfbuffer file. I know a couple products are using the AR2317 including
the Ubiquity Bullet2 and the Mesh Potato from the Village Telco project.
The AR2315 seems to be used in the Ubiquity Bullet2HD.

My employer is willing to make some hardware and limited funds available
to developers working on the madwifi/ath5k drivers for these chips.
Should I just go to the donation page of the madwifi-project to ask what
help they might need?

Gus