On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Pavel Roskin<pro...@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 14:07 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

>> > If an older driver didn't have that problem, you can use the git bisect
>> > command to find which change introduced the slowdown, provided that you
>> > can detect it reliably.
>>
>> But note: wireless-testing sucks for bisecting, so you may want to
>> reproduce on the wireless-next-2.6 tree.
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next-2.6.git;a=summary
>
> It's described as "Linville's 2.6.26 wireless networking development
> tree", but the Makefile indicates 2.6.31-rc5.  Perhaps the description
> needs updating?

Adding John, John it seems your linux-next-2.6 tree discription is
stuck on 2.6.26.

> Anyway, why is it better for bisecting?

Because to help developers not have to do:

git branch -m poo
git checkout -b master origin/master
# Then apply patches manually

Instead of the better rebasing:

git branch -m save-my-stuff
git checkout -b master origin/master
git checkout save-my-stuff
git rebase master

john reverts his patches on wireless-testing before rebasing to Linus'
tree. There may be some other added benefit other than helping us
rebase cleanly, not sure. But I do remember before that I never was
able to rebase my patches, and now rebasing works quite nicely.

  Luis