On Saturday 22 October 2005 14:50, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Well, I just upgraded and installed smart.
> The thing I was afraid of happened. Smart doesn't upgrade any of the FC3
> packages to FC4 packages.
> It mentioned that "No interesting upgrades are available" but I have a lot
> of FC3 packages still on my system of which smart shows that there are
> newer or equal versions with FC4 in their name. Why doesn't it upgrade to
> the FC4 packages ?
>
> I'm upgrading them one by one now, but I guess there should be a smarter
> solution.

OK, that was a bad idea.

Funny is that I expect trouble. Upgrades have never worked for me (not on a
single FC box that also has been using other repositories).
Can anyone tell me why let's say an upgraded FC3 box which uses lots of ATrpms
and other packages can not be nicely upgraded to FC4 ? Or what procedure
should be followed to get the job done ?
An upgrade from FC3 to FC4, followed by installation of smart, followed by
"smart update" and "smart upgrade" doesn't seem do the job which I would
expect it to do.

I'm back to sorting out what went wrong......

regards,
Marcel