Hi,

> On Saturday 22 October 2005 22:04, Marcel Janssen wrote:
>> On Saturday 22 October 2005 21:52, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> > smart/apt-get/yum etc. should take care of this. Don't know why it
>> > doesn't work for you though :/
>
> I upgraded all remaining fc3 packages to fc4 packages and it seems things
> are
> fine again. It beat me why smart didn't take care of this upgrading
> though.

I've done this upgrade multiple times. I must say that each time I upgrade
my distro using smart or apt, I always make a list of rpms before the
upgrade. After the upgrade, I check the new list of rpms against the old
one, in order to see which rpm's have not been upgraded and why. I also
check all rpms for *fc3* and manually upgrade those as well.

For some reason, neither smart or apt will always catch all rpms in a
dist-upgrade and some manual work is necessary.

Kind regards,

Mark