Just letting others know what I did:(I use smart)

# smart channel -enable atrpms-testing
# smart update
# smart upgrade
exited from mythfrontend
# service mythbackend stop

$ mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql
$ mythtvsetup
    changed only the source to point to SD instead of z2l and use mynew
username and password
$ mythfilldatabase --refresh-all
# service mythbackend start
$ nohup mythfrontend&

It worked for me.

I noticed a couple of things:

# rpm -q mythtv --changelog|more
shows:
* Thu Aug 23 2007 Axel Thimm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 0.20.1-162
- Update to latest svn fixes (14066).
I believe that the actual svn revision used by this build is 14266, not 14066
as that would not include any SD changes.

The programid columns in recorded and oldrecorded are correctly updated for
existing data (inserting two 0s)
But the seriesid columns are not updated.

Vincent