Hi,

> Please, anyone? I have 6 machines here at home that always break
> whenever a kernel update happens. It's always the same thing
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-<backup>.fc7 is needed by
> package <kmdl-name>-kmdl-<backup>.fc7

On my machine, this only started happening recently. I guess something
changed in the newer kernels. I used to always add the kernel and kmdls in
smart at the same time and just install without any issue.

My workaround for the issue you describe is to first upgrade the kernel in
smart, commit the transaction so the kernel rpm actually gets installed and
then to install the kmdls. It takes two smart transactions instead of one,
but it gets the job done.

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor