> That shouldn't be empty. According to the doc[1], it should list Linux
> distributions and their root file systems as the image shown there.

 Right! Referring to the wsl-doc which first seemed confusing, I was able to
identify one major culprit: myself.  Wsl, of course, has to be running in the
background for "\\_wsl$" _to show the desired result. (I could have realized
myself, as when clicking on the popped-up "network" folder windows complains
there is no active network)   So when asked correctly, the folder Debian (shown
in Explorer as Netzwerk > wsl$ > Debian) pops up correctly, too.  That was
mistake No.1       _> _2. What happens when you issue
> explorer.exe .
> in wsl bash console?

> (a) Does that display the linux files in the directory where you issued
> the command? Or is that empty?
> (b) What is shown in the address bar of that explorer?

> (Make sure to include the period "." at the last of the command; i.e.,
> not
> explorer.exe
> but
> explorer.exe .       Mistake No.2: I indeed forgot not include the period.
> When I do, folder citizen13 does pop up in windows. Full path displayed in
> explorer:  Netzwerk > wsl$ > Debian > home > citizen13

> Anyway, it's certain that your wsl isn't working as expected according
> to the result of 1.      Certainly, you were bound to come that conclusion,
> because in spite of giving such precise instructions that even beginners
> should be able to follow, the problem was sitting in front of my machine.
> Sorry for the confusion!     One intuition (though it is mainly just that) I
> may be not wrong about, remains: Wsl is quite alright, but there is something
> that emacs/ aucteX, vulgo, don't get.   Back to square 1, I guess...     Kind
> regards and Thank you very much, Pete

FreeMail powered by mail.de - MEHR SICHERHEIT, SERIOSITÄT UND KOMFORT