On 8 Mar 2023, at 2:35, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Kourosh Kalayeh kay...@pm.me writes:
>
>>> Do you use some non-standard completion framework?
>>
>> Yes, I am using Vertico and Marginilia.
>
> I do, too, so just using those two shouldn't be problematic. BTW,
> during key-val completion (through multi-prompt-key-value) I see no sign
> of vertico/maginalia, i.e., no vertical display of completion candidates
> but just standard Completions buffer on hitting TAB multiple times.

I think I was able to pin down the issue. As you suspect, it was not due to
Vertico or Marginilia. I think it is due to orderless. With minimal orderless
setup as below, the optional arguments to \includegraphics macro is not working
as expected in AUCTeX. Any suggestion or workaround? If you think it is a bug
with orderless I can report it there.

(use-package orderless
  :custom
  (completion-styles '(orderless basic))
  (completion-category-overrides '((file (styles basic partial-completion)))))

Thanks,
Kourosh