Hi Jean,

> It seems that LaTeX-indent-environment-list is not defined in newer
> auctex? is that true I did M-x customize-variable and it did not turn
> out .

> AM i missing something?

I think that variable responds to `customize-variable' only after AUCTeX
is loaded. (More precisely, after latex.el is loaded.) I expect that you
can customize it after you open any LaTeX document by AUCTeX.

As far as I can see, that behavior hasn't changed recently. So my guess
is that you have never customized it without opening LaTeX document.

If that isn't the case, please report the detailed procedure to
reproduce the issue, beginning from "emacs -Q".

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine