I fixed it by issuing a defcustom first. I hope I am not totally screwing up that variable.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Jean

On 2023-06-07 09:55, Ikumi Keita wrote:
Hi Jean,

Jean Eid<j...@wlu.ca>  writes:
It seems that LaTeX-indent-environment-list is not defined in newer
auctex? is that true I did M-x customize-variable and it did not turn
out .
AM i missing something?
I think that variable responds to `customize-variable' only after AUCTeX
is loaded. (More precisely, after latex.el is loaded.) I expect that you
can customize it after you open any LaTeX document by AUCTeX.

As far as I can see, that behavior hasn't changed recently. So my guess
is that you have never customized it without opening LaTeX document.

If that isn't the case, please report the detailed procedure to
reproduce the issue, beginning from "emacs -Q".

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

* ⚠ Notice: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.
--
Lazaridis School of Business and Economics. <https://www.wlu.ca/academics/faculties/lazaridis-school-of-business-and-economics/department-of-economics/index.html> *Jean Eid* (he, him, his)

        Associate Professor

        Office: +1(519)-884-0710x2262

        75 University Avenue West Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3C5

Inspiring Lives lazaridisschool.ca <https://www.wlu.ca/academics/faculties/lazaridis-school-of-business-and-economics/index.html?ref=lazaridis-school-of-business-and-economics%2Findex.html>