On Fri, Aug 04 2023 at 19:14 +02, Arash Esbati wrote:
> Janusz S. Bień <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl> writes:
>
>> I got systematically an error, cf.
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1042874
>
> I'm not on Debian, but what does it mean that after a recent upgrade,

I mean upgrage to Debian 12 (bookworm)

> you have:
>
>   Version: 12.2-1
>
> Is it that you now have AUCTeX 12.2?

Yes. I've installed it from ELPA and was not aware it's not upgraded
automatically.

If so, that version was released
> in October 2019[1].
>
> I suggest you delete that version, install AUCTeX from ELPA as described
> here[2] and come up with a recipe to reproduce the issue starting with
> "emacs -Q".

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know how to load AUCTeX with "emacs -Q".

Anyway I'm unable now to reproduce the problem.

BTW, looks like when creating labels AUCTeX skips non-ASCII characters,
so you get something like

\subsection{Żółć}
\label{sec:o}

I can live with it, but I'm curious whether you are aware of it.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,