Hello Tassilo,

Thanks for this but it does not work for me. I also worked on the code
yesterday (for polymode) so the $ sign inside a R code chunks is not the
problem. The problem is having the code chunk inside the $ signs.  as this
image shows. You see that the first \Rexpr is not a problem but the second one
is. The init.el file is very simple just defining these code chunks and loading
ess and auctex ( I can send it if need be). I tried it with your code and
without, I had the same outcome.

[image to show         fontificxation where when Rexpr is whithin $ signs it
bleeds         out]