Hi Ikumi,

thanks for your clarification. I followed your advice and additionaly I
applied the patch proposed by Arash. The error message is gone now, so
I'm happy with this patch.

I did not benchmark the patched AUCTeX, but the behaviour seems to be ok
- at least for me.

Kind regards
Jobst

PS. Resent to auctex@gnu.org