Hi,

I did make a quick check and it is not possible to have ext*
filesystem - the inode is kept in use as number of references to the
file is >0. I tried creating files until I ran out of inodes, but same
inode was never reused (I just wanted to be sure this is aufs
specific). So I think this is the problem.

Whether libdl should depend on it is another question - I think it
should be safe to assume it is the same file if st_dev and st_inode
are the same.

Aufs always sets its own inode, correct? Perhaps you can try to use
the next inode and not reuse inodes freed by unlink?

2013/10/17  <sf...@users.sourceforge.net>:

> Wojciech Kocjan:
>> Is it possible it is because some inode and/or other issue that aufs
>> returns differently?
>
> I've found the inode numbers of these two .so are matched.
> Of course, it is incorrect and that must be the reason dlopen() loads
> libTestA instead of libTestB.
> But I don't why and still I am reading ubuntu source files...
>

> J. R. Okajima

October Webinars: Code for Performance