On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM,  <sf...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Arun Chandran:
>> This happens because aufs handles removal of files through newly
>> created file "layer1/.wh..wh.aufs"(I am guessing this from the below
>> printk), as this file got created during the mount operation it is
>> labeled as "_"
>
> Still I don't get the point.
> Would you try these steps? I want to know what will happen on layer1.
>
> cd ./layer1
>> .wh..wh.aufs (if it doesn't exist)
> ln .wh..wh.aufs .wh.0.txt

Files in the layers before mounting
# for i in `find layer* `; do chsmack $i; done
layer0 access="k1"
layer0/0.txt access="k1"
layer1 access="k1"
layer1/1.txt access="k1"

Given below are the files I can see in the layers after doing aufs
mount of layer0 and layer1 to rootfs_mnt.
Please note that I am running as a normal user 'test'.
# find layer*
layer0
layer0/0.txt
layer1
layer1/1.txt
layer1/.wh..wh.aufs
layer1/.wh..wh.plnk
find: layer1/.wh..wh.plnk: Permission denied
layer1/.wh..wh.orph
find: layer1/.wh..wh.orph: Permission denied
Now printing their individual smack labels
# for i in `find layer* `; do chsmack $i; done
find: layer1/.wh..wh.plnk: Permission denied
find: layer1/.wh..wh.orph: Permission denied
layer0 access="k1"
layer0/0.txt access="k1"
layer1 access="k1"
layer1/1.txt access="k1"
layer1/.wh..wh.aufs access="_" --------------> These meta data files
are labelled "_"
layer1/.wh..wh.plnk access="_"
layer1/.wh..wh.orph access="_"
#

mounting layer0 and layer1 to rootfs_mnt is done in a root terminal
with the command
'mount -t aufs -o br=./layer1=rw:./layer0=ro -o udba=reval -o
smackfsroot=k1 none ./rootfs_mnt'

Am I clear now?

>> In short words, what I am looking is a mount option like this
>> "aufs_meta_files_def_smack_label=k1" :).
>> Could you please give me pointer to how to implement such an option?
>
> What will this option does?

This option will chose the supplied smack label (k1) for the newly
created aufs meta data files.
In my case you can see the aufs meta data files (.wh..*.*) are labelled as "_".

[This is happening because new objects get the label of subject. These
files are created while mounting as a root user. The smack label for
root user is "_". ]

--Arun

Training and support from Colfax.